Sunday, February 27, 2011

For Animated Short Film Initiative Proposal back in 2007

Animated Short Film Initiative Proposal

Here was my reference and concept designs for my proposal to get the Animated Short Film Initiative grant from Singapore Film Society and Media Developement Authority of Singapore back in 2007.

Reference Images




These are the look of backgrounds that I was going for. It is to have a painterly feel and definitely not photo - realistic. Kazuo Oga was a huge influence on me visually as his paintings expressed a certain feeling that just brings me back to my child hood days. To me his work speaks so much to a person's emotional core. Of course I could not paint to his level and I am not very good with a real brush.

 I was also heavily influenced by the Tekkon Kinkreet's art director Shinji Kimura. Which really was really detailed and visually astounding.




Similarly these are the robot influences that I have. Most of these are done by Yoshiyuki Takani whose cover art featured prominently on the old japanese and Takatoku toy box covers that I couldn't really afford to buy.

Concept Designs

These are some rough concept Designs done by Ray Toh (www.raytoh.com) and me for this animation short proposal. Again, this is only initial conceptual art to approximate the look and feel of the animation. And is to be developed further upon successful application.

Mood Poster Concept Design

Fight Sequence Concept Design



GrandFather (Ah Kong) Concept design


Grandson Concept Design



Grandfather Room concept design




Grandson Room Concept Design


Living Room Concept Design


Robot Warehouse/Repair Workshop Exterior




Robot Warehouse/Repair Workshop Exterior Close up Concept Design



Robot Warehouse/Repair Workshpop Interior Concept Design




Robot Warehouse/Repair Workshop Interior Design 2


Secret Underground Facility - Int




Secret Underground Facility - Exterior




Initial Main Robot Rough Concept Design

No comments: